Who is Freindlygeek?

My photo
Science/technology geek. Passionate for self learning, open education.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

[Thoughts on life]Self learning and independent thinking

It's been almost 2 month since I started to study my 1st term. One of the things that I learned in my bottom heart is not only mere knowledge in mathematics or circuits, but also a great change of the way of thinking.

Since it is a self education, it is inevitable that it all depends on me to find any resources, to set up the time frame and how much I learned and how well I understand. Then one day I realized that it is the best way to practice to think more indepently and act independently.
I'm a teacher, a student at the same time. Just like a teacher, I'm thinking how I can give an easier and practical way to teach myself for any difficult subject or contents. Also as a student, I'm trying to absorb what I prepared myself for me.

This way of thinking led me to percieve the world in a quite different way in which I used to do. If there is no question, then there is no action for finding an answer.
Though it seems there are abundunt data, it doesn't seem like not many people ask a very fundumental question about 'why'. It coudl be a pain in the nect if one is trying to ask about almost everything that looks just obvious.
However, as far as I discovered there is no such thing that is "fixed".
All the rules, any objects or even the way we are thinking is just made through out the time, and somehow people claims that something is right because it has this long history or just because so.
Numbers - invented, letters - invented, cars - invented, computer - invented.
It is quite amazing how many things we tend to forget how we are using such a system and take for granted.

On the other side of indepedent thinking, it is possible to make some conflicts with a majority of society. I guess that's because in order to form a civilzed society, it is required to have a system which we live in now, and it somehow nees a conformity. Maybe it is an unavoidable feature of a modern civlized society.
Would it be possible to have a parrell line between independent thinking and conformity? 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License