Who is Freindlygeek?

My photo
Science/technology geek. Passionate for self learning, open education.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Math, the simplest and fun way to describe the world

My MIT computer science self education has been going pretty well, and kept me quite busy with review and homework. For the first term, I have two math classes - single variable calculus and mathematics for computer science.

One day, I found myself really enjoy studying math by myself. Though I studied science since highschool, math was a bit worrisome for me. I constantly worried about grades and was being concious about sort of a competiton with my friends and so on. However, since these "classes" are not for grades at all, but for quite pure curiosity. It suddenly became my favorite subjects. I feel like now I can really see the world in a clearer view with math and physics rule.
Virtually most everythng in the world can be described with math - though I am not that genius.However, now I can really see how elegantly and simply math can explain this complex world.

For example, mathmatics for computer science which is discrete mathematics is about to think very logically and figure out the relation among events. I have studied till only chapter 4 so far. It is quite interesting to apply it into real world whenver I have a chance. Also single variable calculus is actualy not very hard since I studied in my high school quite rigorously, but when I think about how it helps to interpret physics it gives me more ideas for connection between math and other things.

I think the point of studying math is not for grades or score that I get on a test. It is another way to appreciate and analyze the world in the most simplest way.

+ Some useful source to understand multinomial theorem

    I didn't quite get the concept of multinomial theorem, and found this on youtube!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License