Who is Freindlygeek?

My photo
Science/technology geek. Passionate for self learning, open education.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

[Thoughts on life]Curiosity

I'm not sure since when I got into science and technology. But I do remember that whenever I looked up the dark night sky, I couldn't help asking myself why that shinny thingy is up there? Also, that was a place for me to expand my imagination. There was nothing to stop me from thinking like a crazy about universe, moon, and everything. I ended up studying science and math in my high school, and studying physics in my freshman year in college.

Funny thing though, when computer was introduced me for the first time I got totally hooked up. I decided to be a computer programmer. After a while, middle school, high school and passing college, now I'm back. I mean I'm not a programmer 'yet', but instantly again fell in love with the whole process of programming, coding and being creative.

Anyway, what has held me in this field of science and technology would be definitely curiosity.
'Why'. I can't live without this word and never will. It is just so interesting to see people, mostly grown up to get used to not asking 'why'. It's not the most practical thing to ask every time, but I believe that we would not have been using computer without it.

Now I'm working, and studying 'independently' as a "grownup" in this society. I'm still curious why the world is the way it is, and if there is any other way that I can change or make an impact on. It's easy to think by myself, but whenever I talk with people, I found that it sounds a quite silly question. For example, I ask myself sometimes why we have to use hands for cell phone? or can I make a light trash collector? Ok, the last one sounds a bit more scientific nuance.
Well, I guess I would rather be stupid dumb to ask such a question than 'No question whatsover, just accept it' sort of person. And.... it's quite interesting to see any question and curiosity are dragged down from the imagination world into "real world"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License